Cisco hardware in an vmware ESX virtual server environment

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BUZZ, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. BUZZ

    BUZZ Guest

    I have an vmware ESX server where my customers have one more virtual
    servers.
    All the customers have a virtual VLAN switch inside the ESX server. This
    virtual switch connects servers together, and makes communication to the
    outside world possible thru a physical interface.

    I now have a setup where I have to deliver VLAN tagged traffic to a
    server. Each customer has a VLAN to make the traffic go the right way
    and into the right virtual switch.

    And now the question, how do I deliver a VPN connection into the
    costumer’s virtual environment?
    What kind of hardware do I need?

    If I need 100 virtual networks, is it true that I need a cisco ASA5540?

    Regards

    BUZZ, Mar 29, 2006