    I can't recall when I last used one.

    Hmm... Pascal, eh. As I recall, ten years ago, Turbo Pascal was already
    way down the obsolescence curve?

    devil, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Patently false. HP-UX, Solaris, AIX do not come with Windows emulation
    standard. Windows emulation software is available by 3rd parties though.
    Similarly Unix emulation is also available for Windows via 3rd parties,
    so what's your point?
    This is not the same as you previous statement. Yes you can often find a
    Windows emulator for a Unix OS. Similarly you can find many Unix
    emulations for Windows. Big deal.

    Additionally things like DNS, SMTP, HTTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, et. al. hail
    from and were on Unix long before they were ever on Windows. Without
    these things your Windows eXPerience would be sub par at best.
    No, they are not.
    You can say whatever you want. Proving it, however, is another matter.
    There are many decent Pascal compilers for Unix (as the admin for the
    compiler lab in HP I can assure you that HP Pascal was indeed a very
    decent and capable Pascal compiler) it's just that they are expense.

    You've consistently proven you have very little knowledge about what you
    speak about.

    Andrew DeFaria, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Mea Culpa! :)

    Andrew DeFaria, Feb 24, 2004
  4. edo

    Sam Wilson Guest

    K3W1!!!! What else would I need to replace this?

    cisco WS-C6509 (R7000) processor (revision 3.0) with 458752K/65536K
    bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID xxxxxxxxxx
    SR71000 CPU at 600Mhz, Implementation 0x504, Rev 1.2, 512KB L2 Cache
    Last reset from power-on
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    Bridging software.
    8 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    4 Virtual Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    34 Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    8 Ten Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    8192K bytes of packet buffer memory.

    65536K bytes of Flash internal SIMM (Sector size 512K).
    Configuration register is 0x2102

    Oh, yeah, it's got the 720Gbps switching fabric too...

    Sam

    Sam Wilson, Feb 24, 2004
  5. edo

    freeda Guest

    However, virtually all the software in the world is written for
    Windows.
    Try openoffice

    http://www.openoffice.org

    freeda, Feb 24, 2004
  6. edo

    freeda Guest

    Actually you could probably run it under Vmware but that's not the point.
    How about staroffice and openoffice, both have a presentation package as
    good as pp, and it can output pp compatible files. Both run on most flavours
    of Unix.

    freeda, Feb 24, 2004
  7. edo

    Hugh Candlin Guest

    To provide just one rebuttal, I have in front of me a CD.
    It is titled Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition.

    It provides Word, Excel, Outlook Express and PowerPoint.

    Here is a link to the current version
    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/officex/howtobuy/howtobuy.aspx?pid=standard

    It still includes PowerPoint.

    Why are you making such unsupportable claims?

    Hugh Candlin, Feb 24, 2004
  8. edo

    jeff Guest

    in addition to the others already mentioned...

    Lotus Freelance

    jeff, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Well, I read once that Bess is the only filtering service that plugs
    directly
    into hardware firewalls. Bess/Sentian, from N2H2, could corner the market
    someday. Bess does support SonicWall and Cisco routers and firewalls.
    If you want filtering in your hardwware firewall/router, you will have to
    buy either Cisco or SonicWall firewalls, and the subscribe to the Bess
    or Sentian service

    Charles Newman, Feb 24, 2004
  10. The 3Com SuperStack III (I hate it and am getting a PIX 515) does
    content filtering just fine. I can subscribe to N2H2, If I want,
    subscribe to 3Com's service. But here is the real black magic part,
    and because it may be hard to believ, I will provide a screenshot of
    it on request. I, yes hard to believe, on a HARDWARE router, can creat
    my own list of filtered sites.

    Quick, someone get the glycerin (sp?) for Mr. Newmam.

    Jason Schwefel, Feb 25, 2004