Cisco Firewall PIX 525 Hardware Detection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by DarkJem, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. DarkJem

    DarkJem Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Cisco PIX 525 Firewall and I added another network card to
    add an Ethernet slot to connect my firewall to 3 different output.
    I have the Ethernet 0, Ethernet 1 port and the one of my new card.
    It's a Cisco card so no compatibility issue should occur.
    My problem is that I want to create a new inteface base on my new
    hardware but to do so I need the hardware ID. I don't know where to
    find this hardware ID of the card I added, neither if my card had been
    correctly detected by the PIX.
    The lights of my card light as if there is some activity into it.

    How can I access my card?
    How can I display the device list?
    How can I activate my card (if it is not) and create my new interface?

    Any help would be very welcome!!

    BEst regards

    Jeremie Moenne-Loccoz

    DarkJem, Oct 14, 2004