    Does anyone know if there is some kind of tweak to get
    the behaviour?

    Tobias

    Tobias Erichsen, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Tobias Erichsen

    aal Guest

    hello What is DTMF relay

    Thanks

    aal, Apr 7, 2004

  3. The detection of DTMFs on the pstn-side and transmittal of those using
    the signalling-channel. This is necessary, as the dtmf-tones will not be
    relayed through the voice-channel correctly when this channel is used
    with a compressed codec like G.729 for example.

    Tobias

    Tobias Erichsen, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Not sure - but you should be able to find the information on enabling DTMF
    relay in the gateway's user's manual. Follow those procedures. If it
    doesn't work, you'll have to contact their tech support and ask.

    As a workaround, G.729 codec actually passes tones (including DTMF digits)
    reasonably well if the sender holds the digit for a bit (say, > 250ms). If
    he's dialing out from a PBX, though, he may not have control over the
    duration of the digits, and they may not get through.

    Good luck

    James

    James Calivar, Apr 8, 2004