  1. Why is the cisco dhcp server enabled by default? Without proper
    configuration it is useless. Or not?

    Thanks in advance

    Faustino Dina, Sep 28, 2004

  2. On what product? I've never seen a router with dhcp enabled by default.
    On all cisco products. Documentation says "By default, the Cisco IOS DHCP
    Server feature is enabled on your router"

    Faustino Dina, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Faustino Dina

    Rick Guest

    Are you sure you mean server and not DHCP as a client?

    Rick, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Faustino Dina

    hktco Guest

    No true. Most routers have their DHCP server disabled. Also the
    document reads "...is enabled on YOUR router". Maybe you are referring
    to SOHO/800 routers?

    hktco, Sep 29, 2004
  5. Faustino Dina

    RC Guest

    That's not enabled by default either. It might be a SOHO800 I've never
    worked with one (what can I say I drew the line at the old 1000, now the
    1700/1800). It might be a PIX501? I can't remember what there defaults were
    but they are geared toward the SOHO market.

    RC, Sep 29, 2004