Cisco CSS11050 - IIS5.0 - HTTPS site does not work after bouncing the website

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sekhar, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Sekhar

    Sekhar Guest

    Hello,

    We are using Cisco CSS11050 to load balance between two IIS5.0 websites
    on two different servers.

    Everytime we bounce the IIS, we cannot access the website via https
    (port 443) using the load balanced address. We have no problems
    accessing websites individually by bypassing load balancer. Port 80 is
    not a problem.

    We found a work around for this issue - we basically suspend the
    service in Load Balancer for port 443 and make the service active.
    Once we do that then we can access https site using load balanced
    address.

    Can some one please help us figure out why this is happening? Also how
    do we go about fixing this problem. We have enabled http keep-alive
    for both websites. Here is how we have configured the service in the
    load balancer.

    service s_cog_fb2_443
    keepalive frequency 30
    ip address 10.8.24.139
    protocol tcp
    port 443
    keepalive type script ap-kal-echo-443 "10.8.24.139"
    active

    Many thanks in advance.

    Regards

    Sekhar