Cisco Content Engine - clear the cache

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Earl Keyser, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Earl Keyser

    Earl Keyser Guest

    We have a CE507, also running Smart Filter by Secure Computing.

    Every so often, the cache seems to get full. After that, things that
    are big downloads e.g. for windowsupdate seem to take an inexorably
    long time or simply fail.

    Using the GUI and clearing the cache fixes it until the next time.
    Logging into the CLI and typing "clear cache" does the same thing.

    A TAC case yielded no help. "cisco doesn't support this. (using cron)"

    Now it's a Solaris box, so cron ought to do the trick. Has anyone
    else had this problem, tried my proposed solution, succeeded or
    failed?

    TIA

    Earl Keyser
    Net Admin