    Is there any possibility to start a second vpn connection over the first
    one? Otherways it wont be possible to connect to work from that Hotspot.

    Jens

    Jens Haase, Jul 17, 2005

  2. Hi
    I don't think two Ipsec connections s from same PC will work .

    Probably if one the connection is Ipsec (using cisco vpn client ) and
    other is PPTP (windows client ) then this scenario might work .
    HTH

    Sarabjit Singh, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Jens Haase

    Jens Haase Guest

    no, already tried this.

    Jens

    Jens Haase, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Jens Haase

    rave Guest

    nope this will not work

    Regards,
    Rave
    Cisco TAC - VPN

    rave, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Jens Haase

    nickz

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am sorry to dig up such an old topic, but I also have to make a VPN connection to get internet access, and for this I can choose between PPTP and Cisco IPSec.

    When using PPTP as first connection, I am able to make a second PPTP connection. Unfortunately, when using PPTP for my internet connection, speed is limited to less then 0,75 Mbps.

    When I use Cisco VPN as first connection, an then I connect to a second PPTP connection, I *do* get connection, but in the status window, Vista tells me "limited connection" and and cannot access the internet anymore.

    Does somebody know if I can do anything about this? Is it possible they have blocked the second VPN connection at the Cisco server-side? However, I find it strange that I can get connection, but only limited.

    (sorry for my English)

    nickz, Jan 13, 2008
  6. Jens Haase

    nickz

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Now I tried to make the second connection with OpenVPN (which is also supported), but same story as with PPTP. I get the connection, but "limited connectivity" and no internet access is possible anymore.

    Can Cisco VPN Client detect secondary VPN-connections and block them? Or is there any other reason why it is not working over Cisco IPSec, but it does work over PPTP?

    I would really appreciate any help. :-(

    Thank you.

    nickz, Jan 14, 2008
  7. Jens Haase

    alex_mailinator

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here's what you can do:

    Use a virtual machine!

    Connect your "real" pc to connect with the first client. Share you internet connection with your "virtual" pc, with NAT. Connect your "virtual" pc with the second client. Work on your "virtual" pc.

    alex_mailinator, Nov 2, 2009