Cisco Client only allows one client to connect per subnet.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pagerst, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. pagerst

    pagerst Guest

    Hi,

    Im getting the following error when I try to connect more then 1
    computer with Cisco VPN Client ver.5.0.00.0340.

    Secure vpn connection terminated locally by the client.
    Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

    I'm using a Dlink DIR-655 wireless router. I can connect one computer,
    but as soon as i try to connect the second it will disconnect the
    first and give the error message above.

    I really need to solve this issue any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Pete

    pagerst, Sep 22, 2007

  2. pagerst

    Trendkill Guest

    I have had this issue many times over the years. The issue is the
    dlink (although there are many other manufacturers/models that have
    the same issue). Try to see if you have the same issue with two wired
    clients, and if you do, your best bet is to look for firmware upgrades
    for the dlink. If this doesn't buy you anything, you are effectively
    hosed. I am not sure what the specific technical issue is, but
    apparently the manufacturers made some bad assumptions on the older
    models or failed to do whatever they needed to hardware/software wise
    to let this work. It should definitely not be a problem on the
    corporate or vpn concentrator side.

    Trendkill, Sep 22, 2007

  3. pagerst

    stephen Guest

    it seems to be a lack of imagination on having multiple UDP clients running
    on the user side of the SOHO router, with the same UDP socket number and
    destination address.

    if your concentrator is set up for it, try configuring 1 or both client to
    use TCP encapsulation rather than UDP (or if all else fails, 1 of each) -
    these dinky toy routers seem much better at keeping different TCP streams
    separate.

    stephen, Sep 22, 2007