    on 6006?

    Regards,
    Jarek

    Jarek Jarzebowski, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Jarek Jarzebowski

    Bod43 Guest

    Yes. May depend on Supervisor and OS.

    BTW -
    Traffic-Shaping != Rate-limit
    Traffic-Policing == Rate-limit

    This is lesson one for understanding the QoS documents.

    For me which QoS methods are supported on which
    platforms and on which interfaces and on which
    software versions is THE most difficult puzzle
    in Cisco Land. You may also need to worry
    whether your particular QoS poison is
    implemented in hardware or not depending
    on your traffic level.

    Sometimes you can configure things and then
    find that it doesen't actually do anything.

    I guess - 6500 though will be pretty decently supported
    since it is the cornerstone of Cisco's corporate
    VOIP product and I suspect ISPs use it for the same
    purpose as you are considering.

    Bod43, Dec 29, 2006