    of CatOS or higher?

    TIA

    Alex.

    AM, Jul 3, 2006

  2. AM

    anybody43 Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a00800e46f5.html#wp1019866

    "You cannot configure a Catalyst 4000 family switch as a VMPS server."
    I don't know if this applies ot 4500 or not.

    anybody43, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Which is odd, because you can make a cat2948G into a VMPS server,
    which is a fixed config "4000" series device. IIRC, some of the other
    fixed config "4000" series devices could also do it.

    But as far as I know, there is no IOS based vmps server code, so the
    4500 is out. Your choices are really a 5000 or like I said, a cat2948G.

    Clearly, its not very well supported by Cisco, and pretty much out of
    the view of mainstream.

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 4, 2006