    datacenter and will the radio stations around the district be able to
    find the controllers or will i have to manually point the radio
    stations back to the controller? Thanks for the info.

    joeytmann, May 1, 2007

  2. joeytmann

    Thrill5 Guest

    If you have 12 buildings, you will want to have a WLC installed in each
    building. A WLC is a wireless switch, not a wireless router. Would you
    want to bridge data from 12 different locations? A better option is the
    4402 line of WLC's. The 3750G WLC is 3750G and a 4402 controller in the
    same box. The switch and the WLC functions are managed completely separate
    from each other, and I see no benefit to using them. If you need 6 or less
    APs in a building the NM-AIR-WLC6-K9 is a cheap solution. It also runs the
    same WLC software as the 4402, and the 3750G WLC controllers.

    And yes you will be able to use the same SSID in all of your buildings.
    Using WLC's means the your running your AP's in LWAPP mode, which makes the
    AP's zero configuration devices. Everything is managed and controlled on
    the WLC. The AP's only need to be able to find the WLC the first time you
    boot them up. After the first time they contact the WLC, the WLC pushes
    down a configuration to them and configures which WLC they connect to.
    Cisco has several documents on how to configure WLC's and them methods
    available for the AP's to auto-discover the WLC on first boot.

    Scott

    Thrill5, May 5, 2007