Cisco CallManager 4.01sr2 and JTAPI getStatus()

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jannar Molden, May 24, 2004.

  1. Hello.

    I'm trying to get an endpoint status information from JTAPI using
    getStatus method. It looks like CCM is always returning 0
    (OUT_OF_SERVICE) even if the phone is fully working.

    This is what I've tried so far:

    addr=(CiscoAddress)provider.getAddress ( num );
    int state=addr.getState();
    if (state == CiscoTerminal.OUT_OF_SERVICE) {
    System.out.println("OUT_OF_SERVICE");
    }
    else if (state == CiscoTerminal.IN_SERVICE) {
    System.out.println("IN_SERVICE");
    }

    and

    Terminal[] terminals = provider.getTerminals();
    if (terminals != null && terminals.length > 0){
    for (int i = 0; i < terminals.length; i++) {
    CiscoTerminal cTerm = (CiscoTerminal)terminals;
    println(" CiscoTerminal state: " + cTerm.getState());
    }
    }

    Both cases will return 0 for getState().

    I also tried CiscoAddress.getRegistrationState() and
    CiscoAddress.getInServiceAddrTerminals() but both of them returned 0
    or nothing.

    Any hints?

    Thanks,
    JM

    Jannar Molden, May 24, 2004

  2. Jannar Molden

    Risto Autio Guest

    I have noticed the same problem. This is what I found in Cisco
    documentation:

    Cisco JTAPI learns about calls only when a CallObserver attaches to
    the
    terminals/addresses of the Provider. This means that methods such as
    Provider.getCalls() or Address.getConnections() will return null, even
    when calls exist at the address, unless a CallObserver attaches to the
    address. The system also requires adding a CallObserver to the Address
    or Terminal that is originating a call via the Call.connect(..)
    method.

    You can implement TerminalObserver to the terminal. After starting the
    observer you get first CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv ??? and after that
    CiscoTermInServiceEv.

    Cisco Jtapi has several other restrictions e.g PhoneTerminal interface
    is not implemented.

    Risto Autio, May 25, 2004