Cisco Call Manager 4.13 - How to block inbound calls using Caller ID

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by K7AAY, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. K7AAY

    K7AAY Guest

    Want to block inbound calls in Cisco Call Manager 4.13 from specific
    sales callers who just don't get the message we don't want to hear from
    them.

    Have not been able to figure out how to use Route Patterns (chapter 22
    of the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide) to block incoming calls
    based on caller ID. I've entered a specific phone number as a route
    pattern, yet various configurations of route patterns set to reject
    those calls are useless.

    Yes, I know Caller ID can be spoofed, but the user wants this, and this
    user gets what the user wants. It's not my decision so discussion of
    the lameness of the concept is off-topic, IMHO.

    Your on topic responses would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    K7AAY, Apr 21, 2006

  2. What is your PSTN gateway? Is it PRI or T1? It's possible to block some
    inbound calls on H.323 gateways (for example, if you have Cisco router with
    Voice card), but not in the CallManager itself.

    Another thing you may do - go to www.donotcall.gov and register your inbound
    call numbers. It's free for you, and all telemarketers should follow these
    rules. If you will receive calls after you registered your number there, you
    may report the number on that website, and they will have a problem.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    www.headsetadapter.com

    HeadsetAdapter.com, Apr 22, 2006

  3. K7AAY

    Carl Navarro Guest

    Ummm, you missed the fine print. DNC only works for residential.

    Sucks, but that's the rule.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Apr 22, 2006
  4. K7AAY

    K7AAY Guest

    What is your PSTN gateway?
    PRI
    Kewl. How?

    K7AAY, Apr 25, 2006
  5. HeadsetAdapter.com, Apr 29, 2006
  6. K7AAY

    K7AAY Guest

    OK. I read the Cisco document you cited,
    Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles
    Document ID: 64020
    http://tinyurl.com/zbvdy

    and, in the second sentence, it states

    Cisco strongly recommends you only use one scheme of translation
    rules.
    If you mix the old and new schemes, you can have unforeseen results.

    OK. Already using Cisco CallManager Translation Patterns, 117 of them.
    That would seem to be the "old scheme" they're referring to?

    Getting Voice Translation Profiles upo and running also looks like
    Terra Incognita to me, but I will go and read a bit. Cisco's NetPro
    forums
    http://tinyurl.com/zcsgx
    have a useful discussion of such. This example from there shows how to
    block calls from the White House:

    voice translation-rule 1
    rule 1 reject \^2024561212\

    voice translation-profile incoming
    translate called 1

    voip-incoming translation-profile incoming

    K7AAY, May 3, 2006
  7. K7AAY

    Jonathan Guest

    Real quick.

    If you are running MGCP on your gateway the above solution will NOT work.

    It will only work with H.323 or if you are in SRST fallback.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, May 14, 2006
  8. K7AAY

    yxsjwsb

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Seeing caller ID

    You might want to download the PRI debugger from pippinsoftware.com to look at your PRI call numbers real time.

    yxsjwsb, Dec 28, 2007