    Anyone can tell me if the ASA5510 can make GRE tunnels?

    thank you!

    Xavi

    Xavier Veral, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Hi Xavi,

    To my knowledge ASA devices currently can't terminate a GRE tunnel. If
    it is essential that the device does terminate the tunnel and you need
    firewall (or other) functionality then an 1800 or 2800 series IOS
    Router may fulfil your requirements.

    If you need to run a routing protocol over a tunnel then the following
    link may help:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00804acfea.shtml

    It shows how to run OSPF over an IPSec tunnel across the Internet
    using PIX/ASA 7.x appliances as end points - an application where you
    would traditionally have created a GRE tunnel.

    Hope this helps.

    Joe
    Igneous Networks Technical Director
    www.ignet.co.uk