cisco ASA5505 sla monitoring

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by eldo, May 10, 2012.

  1. eldo

    eldo

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    I'm not sure how does the SLA monitoring works...

    Example:

    sla monitor 123 type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 10.0.0.1 interface outside num-packets 3 frequency 10

    !--- Configure a new monitoring process with the ID 123. Specify the
    !--- monitoring protocol and the target network object whose availability the tracking
    !--- process monitors. Specify the number of packets to be sent with each poll.
    !--- Specify the rate at which the monitor process repeats (in seconds).

    When does the routing table change the default route?
    If the 3 send packets will get 3x timeout response or it's enought that just one of those 3 packets dont respond?
    I would like to set up that the routing table (default route) will rebuild after 30 second of timeout the primary default gateway.

    Many thanks

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

    eldo, May 10, 2012

  2. eldo

    eldo

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    how can I setup that the backup connection will start but after 30s of icmp timeout the default gateway (tracket object - 192.168.1.1)

    My configuration:

    sla monitor 123
    type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 192.168.1.1 interface outside
    num-packets 3
    frequency 10
    sla monitor schedule 123 life forever start-time now

    route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 1 track 1
    route backup 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.2.1 254

    track 1 rtr 123 reachability

    Thanks

    eldo, May 23, 2012