    no shu
    ip nat outside

    Anyways, this seems to not be the way now? Anyone have any ideas here because I just am wasting my time searching on the subject. Tired of using ? in command line!!!!

    Dustin1300, Nov 13, 2008

  2. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    external int add: 10.142.48.250
    internal int. add: 172.27.0.254

    Dustin1300, Nov 13, 2008

  3. Dustin1300

    kPradeep_venkata

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    do you want to enable nat for a particular IP or what??

    kPradeep_venkata, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    What I am having problems with is enabling NAT on the border router. The outside address on the interface is the 10 dot address and the inside address of the interface is a 172 dot interface.

    Dustin1300, Nov 14, 2008
  5. Dustin1300

    kPradeep_venkata

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    you have to use the command like

    nat inside x local_int_IP broadcast_IP

    or

    nat(inside, outside) public_IP private_IP

    i used this way in 5520ASA

    kPradeep_venkata, Nov 14, 2008
  6. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you mean the subnet mask on the first line you responded back with?

    nat inside x local_int_IP broadcast_IP

    Dustin1300, Nov 14, 2008
  7. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm not able to get back to the NAT work until Tuesday but now looking over what your saying, I think I understand the first part....Also, your just in global config mode while configuring, right?

    Dustin1300, Nov 14, 2008
  8. Dustin1300

    kPradeep_venkata

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    yes.. u have to do in the config mode

    kPradeep_venkata, Nov 14, 2008
  9. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    I put in NAT (inside, outside) 10.142.48.250 172.27.0.254 and get following:

    ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    The ^ marker is just starting at the "i" on the inside within the parenthesis....Am I supposed to be placing something within the parenthesis rather than "inside" and "outside"? I'm getting really frustrated with this, usually if I forget a command I can easily use the ? and find what I need.... when i do NAT ? within the config it just bounces back a message that makes no sense....Feeling rather stupid right now not being able to do this basic config!!!!

    Dustin1300, Nov 14, 2008
  10. Dustin1300

    kPradeep_venkata

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    these are the two ways i use to do on asa 5520

    nat (inside) 3 10.20.30.42 255.255.255.255 - this is if any any global pool of public IP address defined

    static (inside,outside) Public_IP 192.168.149.41 netmask 255.255.255.255 - this is to nat an private IP with Public IP explicitly

    this is same procedure on asa 5510 also

    kPradeep_venkata, Nov 14, 2008
  11. Dustin1300

    Dustin1300

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Still a moron

    I've got back to it now playing with it and still am having problems with it taking the command....I'm about to try the newest post here in a sec
    :saint:

    Dustin1300, Nov 18, 2008
  12. Dustin1300

    kPradeep_venkata