Cisco ASA 5505 with two internet connections; publish a mail server.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Darth T, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. Darth T

    Darth T Guest

    I have a Cisco ASA 5505 with security plus licensing, an Exchange
    Server and internet connections.

    Here is what I need. The "outside" interface is connected to my DSL
    modem and has an IP address of 1.1.1.1. I want to use this DSL
    connection for web browsing.

    The "inside" interface has an IP address of 192.168.0.3, my email
    server has an IP address of 192.168.0.246 and is connected to the
    inside interface by a switch.

    The "public" interface has an IP address of 2.2.2.2. This is the IP
    address I want people outside of my network to use to access my email
    server. When users try to access my email server their traffic will
    be addressed to 2.2.2.2. When the traffic reaches the firewall there
    will be an access-list to allow the traffic in. There will then be a
    static rule to translate/route/direct the traffic to the email server
    at 192.168.0.246. When responding, the email server send the
    responding traffic out the "public" interface.

    I am doing this right now on a Sonicwall 2040.

    Darth T, Jun 4, 2008