CISCO Aironet 1300 WLAN Bridges to Link 2 LAN SEgments transparently...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Axel Werner, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. Axel Werner

    Axel Werner Guest

    Hi NG!

    got a problem here with two CISCO 1300 WLAN Bridges.
    i want to simply bridge two ethernet segments with these two boxes like
    it worked with those old BR500 Aironets or the 340Series once.

    But it always fails yet. The "non-root" AP/Bridge reports on the event
    log that "it can not associate" with the other bridge. However i dont
    have anything like encrytion or authorisation enabled...at least i think
    so! both boxes run in factgory defaults, just ip adress had been changed.

    the 1st box is set as ROOT BRIDGE..the second should be NON-ROOT Bridge.
    this is like it was on the old BR500 series.

    something strange is also, that the online help within the gear says
    that "NON-ROOT" setup is for 1400 series only.

    Is there someone out who can help me out here???? THANK YOU A LOT!!!!

    greets
    Axel

    Axel Werner, Mar 7, 2005