    switch to IOS instead? if so, does anyone have any good documentation.
    i did a google, but didnt come up with much.

    TIA,

    rhltechie, Feb 28, 2005

  2. have a look hier
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_release_note09186a00802145c2.html

    Markus Forrer, Feb 28, 2005

  3. rhltechie

    rhltechie Guest

    thanks!

    rhltechie, Feb 28, 2005
  4. rhltechie

    Merv Guest

    Make sure you read all the documentation to convert VERY carefully.

    This conversion is one way only ...

    Merv, Feb 28, 2005
  5. rhltechie

    WAState Guest

    I STRONGLY suggest buying an IOS-native device and selling your VXWorks
    box to help offset the cost of the upgrade. As another response noted,
    this conversion is one-way and fraught with risks. You'll burn through
    far more time/money trying to dig your way out of the problem if
    something goes wrong, than if you just pay the difference and get an
    IOS-based box.

    WAState, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Hello, WAState!
    You wrote on 28 Feb 2005 14:19:10 -0800:

    W> I STRONGLY suggest buying an IOS-native device and selling your
    W> VXWorks box to help offset the cost of the upgrade. As another
    W> response noted, this conversion is one-way and fraught with risks.
    W> You'll burn through far more time/money trying to dig your way out
    W> of the problem if something goes wrong, than if you just pay the
    W> difference and get an IOS-based box.

    Oh, please! If running IOS conversion tool is such a problem than I've heard
    Linksys is making decent consumer level devices.

    Seriously, the only glitch I found is that program give up and report error a
    couple of minutes before conversion process successfully ends. Having console
    connection during upgrade greatly helps to reduce panic level.

    With best regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Feb 28, 2005
  7. rhltechie

    Uli Link Guest

    The risk is minimized close to nothing if you convert the AP when you
    have a serial console *and* a tftp server available.
    About 40 minutes for conversion and updating to latest level.

    I never used the conversion tool, always configured from scratch or

    Uli Link, Feb 28, 2005
  8. rhltechie

    Hansang Bae Guest

    That's a bit over the top. If you *read* the document, they spell out
    who to recover from a failed upgrade. My personal 1200 was upgraded to
    IOS from VXworks. It crashed (my fault) but I was able to recover just
    fine.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 28, 2005