Cisco Aironet 1200 multiple ssid

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by g18c, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. g18c

    g18c Guest

    Hi, i am trying to get my aironet 1200 access point to show both ssids.
    I assigned two ssids, to two seperate VLANS. However i cant connect or
    see the networks on any wireless client (Windows XP. I can see when i
    set up one access point ssid and disable vlans under the http quick
    setup).

    Using the CLI configure i type:

    dot11 ssid public
    vlan 1
    interface d0
    ssid public
    exit

    dot11 ssid private
    vlan 2
    interface d0
    ssid private
    exit

    interface d0
    mbssid
    exit

    end

    I havent set the guest-mode, do i need to do this? I cant get a good
    understanding from the docs so i didnt enable this.

    Also, i presume once i enable multiple VLANS the Fast Ethernet 0
    interface is turned into a dot1q trunk, and as such I will need to
    enable dot1q trunking on my connecting switch which goes into the
    access point?

    Thanks in advance replies much appreciated,

    Chris

    g18c, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Hi Chris,

    You may wish to investigate Cisco's Configuring Multiple SSIDs:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341d5f.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair