Cisco Airnoet 1130AG + Funk Steel Belted Radius

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by rhunton, Mar 1, 2008.

  1. rhunton

    rhunton

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,
    I am currently trying to set up a Cisco Aironet 1130AG access point with radius authentication.

    Inside the radius I have created a RAS client for the access point and have specified a shared secret, I have restarted the radius server for the new RAS Client to be picked up.
    There is a security group from AD defined in the radius for wireless users. I have also created a couple of native users as well.

    In the configuration of the Cisco I have specified all of the radius server addresses and shared secrets as I am getting entries in the radius log files.

    The bit that is now confusing me is the Windows XP side.

    From what I have read, the client (XP) is only able to transmit EAP traffic until authenticated but this is the part I am struggling with.

    I have been into the properties of the network connection and selected authentication and changed EAP type to Protected EAP. Under properties I have unchecked validate server certificate and the authentication method is currently set to EAP-MSCHAP v2.
    I have clicked configure and made sure there is a tick in automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if available)

    All that I get when trying to connect with the above settings is a message saying validating identity.

    Do I need a certificate on the server for EAP-MSCHAP v2 even though the users should be authenticated through Active Directory?

    Thanks

    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
    rhunton, Mar 1, 2008

  2. rhunton

    rhunton

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Delete Post

    Going to use Micorosft IAS for radius authentication.

    Found very useful guide on Microsoft.com

    Thanks

    rhunton, Mar 2, 2008