    with, prefer Cisco but anything that is the latest will do.

    Thanks,

    MC

    MC, Feb 8, 2004

  2. I assume by "serial port" you mean async RS-232?

    Then I'd probably recommend getting a 3745 with an NM-*2CT1*,
    an NM-24DM (or -30DM) and two NM-32A's (or a -32A and a -16A.)

    Just configure the modem lines like this:

    line <begin> <end>
    autocommand telnet w.x.y.z 5001 /stream

    and the async lines like this:

    line <begin> <end>
    no exec
    modem dtr-active
    rotary 1
    transport input telnet

    Then when the calls come in on the PRI, they will be switched to
    the modems which will demodulate the data and forward it
    (via an internal TCP connect) to the async lines.

    This assumes that the PC expects to see incoming calls and
    is not placing outgoing calls. Outbound makes things more
    complicated.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ We have a US Robotics tatol control chassis that has two PRI's. We have
    ~ remote clients using a proprietary client software dials up on a PRI
    ~ B-Channel. The B channel call originates as an analog call, The total
    ~ control output is on an RS-232 serial line that then connects to a digi
    ~ modem serial port on a DOS PC server running a BBS type of application.
    ~
    ~ What I need to know is there any cisco access server/router product that can
    ~ take a PRI ISDN analog modem call and send the data back out a serial port ?
    ~
    ~ If not anyone know of another newer product that I could do the same thing

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 9, 2004