    will boot into rommon again.

    any hints? anything i could do and check or is this a case for my reseller?

    ct,

    Markus Sonnenberg, Jan 16, 2012

  2. Markus Sonnenberg

    Rob Guest

    I would say: hardware defect. Probably bad capacitor or similar.

    What you need to do yourself depends on your local legislation, and
    whether you are a consumer or a company. Depending on this, it can be
    that you need to prove it is defective or the reseller needs to prove
    it is OK.

    Rob, Jan 16, 2012

  3. It looks as if it is "forgetting" its boot sequence. Open the case and look for
    some sort of a battery and replace it.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    --
    Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -80464
    Immunbiologie und Epigenetik

    Christoph Gartmann, Jan 16, 2012
  4. i've checked the battery and it shows 3,03V on my voltmeter. furthermore
    the battery is soldered to the pcb. so i guess it will be a case for the
    reseller.

    ct,

    Markus Sonnenberg, Jan 16, 2012
  5. Markus Sonnenberg

    Rob Guest

    Furthermore, your observation that it fails after a long poweroff and then
    works OK when you restart it is not consistent with a lost configuration
    due to empty battery.

    Rob, Jan 16, 2012
  6. Markus Sonnenberg

    STaylor Guest

    Just curious if this was resolved? Was it hardware? I've experienced this as
    well even though I confirmed there was a boot statement in the config and that
    the confreg was set to 0x02102.

    STaylor, Mar 22, 2013