    I need to reset my router back to default, so I can configure using
    SDM

    How do I do this??

    mbanyon, Apr 28, 2008

  2. mbanyon

    Guest Guest

    Console into the router, then power cycle it. As its rebooting hit the
    "break | pause" button on your keyvboard, and you get to the
    rommon1>
    prompt.Then type
    rommon1>confreg 2142
    rommon2>reset
    The router comes back on as if it were new---answer no to the first
    question, and sometimes it asks a second question (do you want to
    terminate autoinstall, or something...)---answer yes to the second
    question if it asks. Then hit enter and you get
    router>
    in a few seconds. Then
    router>en
    router#copy start run
    create a new account:
    router#conf t
    router(config)#username bob priv 15 password bob
    set register back
    router(config)#confreg 0x2102
    router(config)#exit
    router#wr
    router#reboot

    and that should let you login with bob/bob

    Flamer.

    Guest, Apr 29, 2008