    Any hints ?

    TIA,
    Michael

    Michael Petereit, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Michael Petereit

    Uli Link Guest

    All 12.4 and 12.4T releases.
    From 12.3T:
    (8)YA, (8)YG, (11)YK, (11)YS and (14)T have the ddns feature.

    I'm glad with 12.4(5b) on the 836

    Uli Link, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Can you not upgrade to the 12.4 mainline? Latest version should be
    around 12.4.7 (I am using 12.4.7A on this 837).

    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Hi all,

    the fact why I tried a different version on my 836 is a strange
    behaviour. Just ebay sites are incredible slow. All other sites, even
    those famous for strange name configuration and endless long URLs are
    not affected.
    Thus I tried it with the other release. But no luck so far.
    I think it is because my 836 ist one of the very first with only 48 MB
    of memory and maybe a problem between the alcatel chipset of the 836 and
    the Infinion DSLAM unit on the ISP side.

    On Monday I 'll get a newer version of 836 with 64 MB.
    I hope my assumption will be the cause for this strange issue... and the
    new hardware will solve it.

    Thanks,
    Michael

    Michael Petereit, Apr 29, 2006
  5. Michael Petereit

    Merv Guest

    Please post the URL for an specific ebay site site that you consider
    slow and another Internet web site that seems okay to you.

    Merv, Apr 29, 2006
  6. Well, almost all ebay sites are slow.
    Especially cgi.ebay.de is worse but there is a difference once I choose
    my.ebay.de. The list of purchased items is listed extremly slow but the
    heading elements like my username and watched items is average fast. But
    all ebay.xx domains are affected.
    If you choose something like www.sport1.de - famous for its referring
    links or www.heise.de - very fast connection toward the german internet
    everything is ok.
    My other buggy router is a netgear. Beside the fast it send me logfiles
    dated from 31.13.2036 everything else is fast even ebay.whatever.

    Regards,
    Michael

    Michael Petereit, Apr 29, 2006
  7. Michael Petereit said the following on 29.04.2006 21:06:
    Just a recent update:
    The problem wasn't the mtu or anything related to it....
    The option ip inspect name blabla http was the issue....
    Took more than 3 month to fix it and a second 836, what a pitty....

    Regards,
    Michael

    Michael Petereit, May 6, 2006