Cisco 831 ROMMON reset

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Aspired, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Aspired

    Aspired

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2006
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    My Cisco 831 is booting into ROM monitor mode (ROMMON) and I need to reset it - it says it can't find the image to boot from on start up. I messed it up once before and found the commands to reset it in ROMMON but now I have moved and can't find the prinout anywhere or where I found it on the net before.

    here is what happened when I tried the RESET comand in ROMMON

    resetú
    System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r)YN, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C800/SOHO series (Board ID: 29-129) platform with 49152 Kbytes of main memory

    boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"ú
    System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r)YN, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/tac
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    C800/SOHO series (Board ID: 29-129) platform with 49152 Kbytes of main memo

    Please reply if you can help me reset my 831!

    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
    Aspired, Sep 15, 2006