Cisco 827H Error message: Please help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Does anybody know what the following error means?

    Does it require a software upgrade to fix?

    The message below also includes the version of os ? have. Can you tell
    me which version is should use to upgrade?

    --------------------

    System returned to ROM by error - a SIGTRAP exception, PC 0x8014E158
    System image file is "flash:c820-oy6-mz.122-4.YA2.bin"

    System was restarted by error - a SIGTRAP exception, PC 0x8014E158
    C820 Software (C820-OY6-M), Version 12.2(4)YA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT
    RELEASE

    Stack trace from system failure:
    FP: 0x80CA0E20, RA: 0x8014E14C
    FP: 0x80CA0E30, RA: 0x80133D58
    FP: 0x80CA0E50, RA: 0x80135B28
    FP: 0x80CA0E78, RA: 0x80629FE4
    FP: 0x80CA0E80, RA: 0x80632190
    FP: 0x80CA0EC0, RA: 0x806351E8
    FP: 0x80CA0F38, RA: 0x8061DC80
    FP: 0x80CA0F58, RA: 0x8061E2C0

    CISCO C827H (MPC855T) processor (revision 0x205) with 31744K/1024K
    bytes of memory.

    Chris, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Chris

    ED Guest

    Identifying a Software-forced Crash
    A software-forced crash occurs when the router detects a severe,
    unrecoverable error and reloads itself to prevent the sending of
    corrupted data. A vast majority of software-forced crashes are caused by
    Cisco IOSĀ® software bugs, although some platforms (such as the old Cisco
    4000) may report a hardware problem as a software-forced crash.

    If you have not power-cycled or manually reloaded the router, output
    from the show version command displays the following:

    Router uptime is 2 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes
    System restarted by error - Software-forced crash, PC 0x316EF90 at
    20:22:37 edt
    System image file is "flash:c2500-is-l.112-15a.bin", booted via flashIf
    you have the output of a show version command from your Cisco device,
    you can use Output Interpreter to display potential issues and fixes. To
    use Output Interpreter , you must be a registered user, be logged in,
    and have JavaScript enabled.

    You can use Output Interpreter to display potential issues and fixes. To
    use Output Interpreter, you must be a registered user, be logged in, and
    have JavaScript enabled.

    Possible Causes
    Possible reasons for software-forced crashes include:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a008010260c.shtml

    ..

    ED, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    It appears that there are bugs with my image

    The current image is c820-oy6-mz.122-4.YA2.bin

    I am thinking of upgrading to the latest version of the IOS. I think
    the correct image file to use is c820-oy6-mz.123-10.bin. Can anybody
    confirm that this is the correct image file to use.

    Also does anybody know if I can perform the upgrade without the need of
    a cisco console cable, as I don't seem to have one anymore?
    thanks
    chris

    Chris, Oct 18, 2004