    would be very greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Neil O'Callaghan

    Neil O'Callaghan, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Neil O'Callaghan

    CybrSage Guest

    A little more info is needed, please.
    What are you trying to VPN into? The 827 Router? A PIX box? If the
    router, do you have the FW featureset in your IOS?

    If you are trying to VPN through the router to a PIX or such, you need to
    add these two lines to the router config:

    ip nat inside source static udp PIX-Outside-IP 4500 Internet-IP-of-Router
    4500 extendable
    ip nat inside source static udp PIX-Outside-IP 500 Internet-IP-of-Router 500
    extendable

    Good Luck!

    Mike

    CybrSage, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Hi,

    thanks for replying, I am trying to use the vpn client to connect from
    my laptop with a dialup connection to the internet to my office, which
    has a Cisco 827 with the IPSEC, 3DES, FW IOS and 24MB ram with 8MB
    flash. Basically I want remote users to be able to dial to the
    internet where ever they are using their laptops and be able to VPN to
    the office. At my office site I have the 827 with a 512K DSL link with
    BT. I have used a few sample configs from Cisco's web site to setup my
    827, but when I try to connect with the vpn client on my laptop I get
    a time out message.

    Thanks

    Neil O'Callaghan

    Neil O'Callaghan, Jul 24, 2003