Cisco 827-4V update Rommon and IOS HELP needed

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Francesco Benetti, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I bought a used Cisco 827-4V for home use, just to try to play with IOS.

    Unfortunately, I played too much and I have involuntary delete the flash
    with the IOS image 12.1.

    I had, from a friend that has the same router, the IOS 12.2
    (c820-v6y6-mz.122-13.T.bin), I have followed all the steps to upload via
    xmodem the firmware to router in Rommon and then used tftp to upload the IOS
    image to the Flash, everything went ok.

    I have setup the startup-config with the "system boot flash
    c820-v6y6-mz.122-13.T.bin" but, unfortunately, when I try to reload I am
    back to Rommon mode again.

    Somewhere I found I had to update the Rommon before upgrading to verision
    12.2 from 12.1, so I have update Rommon with C820_RM_ALT.srec.122-4r.XM4.

    Again, if I try to reload I am back in Rommon mode.

    Please, Help me if you can!!

    Thanks to all in advance, Francesco

    Francesco Benetti, Apr 25, 2005