    I'm not quite sure how some of this would work. But I'd like to do as
    much of the routing/firewalling/gatewaying duties on the PC as I can.

    Suggestions?

    Dustin Wyatt, Mar 28, 2006

  2. Dustin  Wyatt

    Guest

    Re: Cisco 804. Making it dumber

    That will work. just need 2 nics in your linux pc and do nat routing on
    it as well.

    I have friends who do this.

    Worse case there is NAT on the 804 isdn router. IF thats the case you
    get to deal with double nating 2 fake networks which will let you out
    to the internet fine but don't expect to allow any inbound connections
    easily.

    , Mar 29, 2006

  3. Dustin  Wyatt

    wrote:
    > That will work. just need 2 nics in your linux pc and do nat routing on
    > it as well.
    >
    > I have friends who do this.
    >
    > Worse case there is NAT on the 804 isdn router. IF thats the case you
    > get to deal with double nating 2 fake networks which will let you out
    > to the internet fine but don't expect to allow any inbound connections
    > easily.

    Is it possible to disable NAT on the 804?

    I guess basically I just need the 804 to get the IP and then bridge
    (not sure if this is the right terminology) it straight to the linux
    PC.

    Dustin Wyatt, Apr 10, 2006