Cisco 79xx phone XML services

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jannar Molden, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Hello all.

    I'm starting a game with Cisco IPPhones XML services. My first try is
    to push a test page to the phone. Here is the perl script I'm trying
    to use with no luck so far.

    --
    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    use strict;

    use LWP::UserAgent;

    my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    my $uid = 'John';
    my $pwd = 'Doe';
    my $uri = '192.168.2.2/cgi-bin/test.pl';
    my $phoneIp = '192.168.2.10';

    my $xml = "<CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem
    URL=\"".$uri."\"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute>";

    $ua->credentials("$phoneIp:80", 'SEP000E38B6C963', $uid, $pwd);
    my $response = $ua->post("http://$phoneIp/CGI/Execute",
    [
    'XML' => $xml
    ],
    'Content-Type' => 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
    );

    print $response->as_string;
    --

    After I run the script, the phone will authenticate just fine, but
    then there is a long silence and after that I get CiscoIPPhoneError

    Any ideas?

    Jannar Molden, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Damn! My $uri was missing the protocol http://
    PS. Thanks to www.fireweb.fi