Cisco 7960 SIP phones

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by davemsharp, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. davemsharp

    davemsharp Guest

    Hi,

    I have got my setup almost how I would like it now, but I have just
    two last remaining issues that I cant seem to find answers too so i'd
    be grateful if someone could help?

    1) Since upgrading my Cisco 7960 SIP phone to P0S3-08-2-00 the phone
    now displays the IP address of my asterisk server alongside the caller
    ID of the incoming call. For example "[email protected]", rather
    than "0123456789" as before. Is there any way to stop this? All
    incoming calls come via the asterisk server so I would prefer it to
    not display it.

    2) I have set up an external directory on the phone which is linked to
    an XML file on a web server. Is it possible to get the 7960 to display
    the name given in the external directory for an incoming call? At the
    moment it just displays the [email protected] as detailed above.

    Thanks for any help you are able to give

    Dave

    davemsharp, Apr 19, 2006