Cisco 770 - timeout problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Geddes, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. John Geddes

    John Geddes Guest

    I am using a Cisco 770 Series to connect to my ISP over dialup ISDN
    (2x64kbps).

    I have reset to factory defaults using "set def" and then used the
    Fast Step procedure to setup the parameters for this connection.

    Everything is great EXCEPT that the "call tear down" threshold remains
    at the default of 360 seconds - whatever I try to do to change it.

    There is no problem setting a different value with "timeout" or "set
    timeout" - the router happily tells me that the new value is set. But
    if I place a call, the router just ignores the new timeouts (even
    after reboot) and sticks to 360 seconds!

    Have I missed some setting which is over-riding the Timeout setting?

    John Geddes
    UK

    "version" shows:

    Software Version c760-in.r.NET3 4.1(2) - Nov 12 1997 19:11:11
    Cisco 771
    ISDN Stack Revision NET3 2.10

    Hardware Configuration:
    DRAM: 1.5MB