Cisco 7600-SIP-400 input errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tex_gs, May 4, 2016.

  1. tex_gs

    tex_gs

    Joined:
    May 4, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All

    I hope someone can point me in the right direction,

    We have a 7606 that is running IOS 15.1, the unit has an SPA and SIP-400 card,
    SPA-5X1GE-V2 and 7600-SIP-400

    We have replaced the SFP's and the fibre lead, and used different ports on the SIP-400, This port plugs into a 6509, the port on the 6509 shows no errors at all, but as you can see from the below we are seeing excessive input errors and drops.

    What we have found is that there are no errors when the interface runs below 10000 packets per second, there are drops though, but once the interface hits 10000+ pps the errors rack up, sometimes as many as 2000+ at a time, what also seems to happen when looking at the interface with a 30 second load-interval is that once it starts showing errors the pps rate drops below 10000 and for a minute or so there are no errors while the pps rate climbs, once its on 10000+ the errors are back.

    I have adjusted the input queue but we never actually see anything in the input queue so it is back at the default of 75

    The MTU on both sides is 1500, I have tried 9000 but there is no difference in the errors, both sides are set to auto negotiate and both seem to negotiate at 1000/full I see no collisions etc as would be expected if the negotiation was off.

    GigabitEthernet1/0/1 is up, line protocol is up

    Hardware is GigEther SPA, address is 001c.0f5c.9680 (bia 001c.0f5c.9680)

    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit/sec, DLY 10 usec,

    reliability 254/255, txload 6/255, rxload 3/255

    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set

    Keepalive not supported

    Full Duplex, 1000Mbps, link type is auto, media type is ZX

    output flow-control is unsupported, input flow-control is unsupported

    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00

    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 07:23:15

    Input queue: 0/75/1423470/1 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 13147343

    Queueing strategy: fifo

    Output queue: 0/20000 (size/max)

    123330621 packets input, 69558446843 bytes, 0 no buffer

    Received 38432 broadcasts (0 IP multicasts)

    0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

    0 watchdog, 36377 multicast, 0 pause input

    137617067 packets output, 133618513619 bytes, 0 underruns

    0 unknown protocol drops

    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred

    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 pause output

    tex_gs, May 4, 2016