Cisco 6509-E and trunk ports

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by njwhitworth, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. njwhitworth

    njwhitworth Guest

    I am trying to configure a Gigabit Ethernet port on a WS-X6548-GE-45AF
    module as a trunk port using dot1q encapsulation. The interface
    accepts the commands below

    (config-if)#switchport
    (config-if)#switchport mode trunk

    It will not accept the (config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation
    dot1q command saying

    config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    Any ideas would be appreciated as I'm a little rusty and the IOS
    documentation suggests I'm doing the right thing.

    Thanks,
    Nick

    njwhitworth, Jun 27, 2007

  2. njwhitworth

    Brian V Guest

    It only does dot1q. The command is not needed.

    Brian V, Jun 27, 2007