Cisco 6500 switch, Dell unmanaged switches err-disabled

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris H, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. Chris H

    Chris H Guest

    Hey Folks,

    I have a Cisco 6500 switch, and everytime I plug in one of my Dell
    unmanaged switches, it shuts down that port on the cisco with the
    following status...

    Gi8/46 err-disabled 30 full auto 10/100/1000BaseT

    switch#sh run on that port shows:

    switchport
    switchport access vlan 30
    switchport mode access
    spanning-tree portfast

    Is there a cmd that I can use to fix this?

    Thank you all in advance...

    Chris H, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Chris H

    Smokey Guest

    Remove the portfast option for port Gi8/46 portfast should only be used
    for PC's not for other switches.

    no spanning-tree portfast

    Smokey, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Chris H