cisco 4503 QoS for VoIP assistance request

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by [email protected], Nov 7, 2006.

1. rick@clutch

[email protected]

Hi all. My first post here. I've used the search function, but turned up nothing relevent, so I decided to start a thread for assistance..

Trying to determine the best way to configure the Cisco 4503 for VLAN QoS, to give our VoIP priority. The reason to give out VoIP priority, is that we receive a low volume of calls, but the current scenerio is thar there is a good amount of 'pops-n-clicks' on the voice line. We'd like to push the VLAN priority QoS up to rectify this issue.

Any ideas? Please feel free to ask questions (obviously) if you need more info (as I am sure I haven't supplied enough;) )

Thanks.

[email protected], Nov 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. rick@clutch

[email protected]

so, ended up having to do QoS on a port basis, rather than a VLAN basis. No biggie, was just more time-consuming.

Thanks for looking.

[email protected], Nov 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. rick@clutch

globalchicken

Also remember that every switch that your voip traffic crosses needs to have your QoS configured. If you miss a switch in your network that VOIP uses then the QoS tags are dropped.

globalchicken, Nov 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question