    Trying to determine the best way to configure the Cisco 4503 for VLAN QoS, to give our VoIP priority. The reason to give out VoIP priority, is that we receive a low volume of calls, but the current scenerio is thar there is a good amount of 'pops-n-clicks' on the voice line. We'd like to push the VLAN priority QoS up to rectify this issue.

    Any ideas? Please feel free to ask questions (obviously) if you need more info (as I am sure I haven't supplied enough;) )

    Thanks.

    [email protected], Nov 7, 2006

  2. rick@clutch

    [email protected]

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Virginia
    so, ended up having to do QoS on a port basis, rather than a VLAN basis. No biggie, was just more time-consuming.

    Thanks for looking.

    [email protected], Nov 9, 2006

  3. rick@clutch

    globalchicken

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sacramento
    Also remember that every switch that your voip traffic crosses needs to have your QoS configured. If you miss a switch in your network that VOIP uses then the QoS tags are dropped.

    globalchicken, Nov 9, 2006