Cisco 3640A: GT64010 Master Write Parity Error

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dev, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Dev

    Dev Guest

    I have booting problem with a Cisco 3640A router. Everytime I try to
    start it it gives me following error and keep restarting.

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.1(17r) [cmong 17r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

    *** GT64010 Master Write Parity Error ***
    PC = 0xbfc1e930, Cause = 0x4000, Status Reg = 0x3041f003
    Failure detected during ROMMON start-up tests. Restart ROMMON.

    System Bootstrap, Version 12.1(17r) [cmong 17r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

    *** GT64010 Master Write Parity Error ***
    PC = 0xbfc1e930, Cause = 0x4000, Status Reg = 0x3041f003
    Failure detected during ROMMON start-up tests. Restart ROMMON.

    The router has two slots for PCMCIA card but I don't have any PCMCIA
    Flash memory niether the router has any interface installed yet.

    I need help.

    ~/Dev

    Dev, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Dev

    Merv Guest

    Open a case with the Cisco TAC assuming the unit is still under
    warranty or you have a SmartNet support contract

    Merv, Jan 15, 2006