Cisco 3640 with NM-4T1-IMA

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by joshobrien77, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. joshobrien77

    joshobrien77 Guest

    I am configuring a lab. I have 3 L3 Devices. One of which is a 3640
    with a NM-4T1-IMA that I am trying to connect to a 1760 with a WIC 1DSU
    T1. First of all is this even possilbe? Second where would I start.
    I have experiance with T1's and I have the 1760 configured with:
    !
    interface Serial0/0
    ip address 10.5.100.65 255.255.255.192
    encapsulation ppp
    fair-queue
    service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

    I would like the 3640 configured as the DCE side of the link. Overall
    I just need basic T1 connectivity for test prep and labing out routing
    ideas.

    My issue so far is that the NM-4T1-IMA does not appear to be designed
    to function as a single T1 card. I cant access controller or service
    module commands to try to force it to do what I want. Any ideas?

    thanks

    joshobrien77, Oct 10, 2006

  2. No, the IMA card is an ATM card used to bind 1-4 T1s together into an
    ATM IMA bundle. The WIC-1DSU card doesn't do ATM. You won't be able to
    use them to talk to one another.

    Doug McIntyre, Oct 10, 2006