Cisco 3640 Config NM-16sw Internal Lan Ethernet to Cable Router doing NAT

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I have always had my 3640 doing NAT. Now I want to let the ISP's
    routers that I am connected to do it.

    My internal network is 192.168.144.96/27 is my 3640 VLAN1

    My external networks are:

    192.168.1.0/29 ISP1 192.168.1.1 is a router doing nat or it can be
    configured with Public IPs.

    192.168.0.0/29 ISP2 192.168.0.1 is a modem doing nat or it can be
    configured with Public IPs.

    What I need to know is how do I get the VLAN traffic to the ISP's
    routers without doing NAT on th 3640?

    I have read a little on bridging and it seems like that may be what I
    need, but I am not sure.

    The reason I am doing this is because it is my understanding that NAT
    is completely process switrched and with the current bandwidth that I
    have available the 3640 can't process switch that many packets.

    If I am in error and NAT does not have to be processed switched, I
    would be interested in hearing any input on how to no process switch
    NAT.

    Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

    Chris, Jun 13, 2006