    Hi,

    Accidently i have erased flash of cisco 3550. But now i m unable to load ios through switch : (rommom mode)

    How I can recove flash

    zocon, Dec 20, 2011

  2. zocon

    CiscoDude1760

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Georgetown, OH, USA
    Hi zocon,

    Here's what you need to do to. First you need to have a copy of the 3550 IOS, if you don't have one just look around the internet and I'm sure you'll find one. Second, you need to set up a TFTP server, Solar Winds has a nice free tftp server. On your computer, create a directory named tftpboot and point your tftp server to that folder and place you IOS image in that directory.

    Now connect to the switch via your console cable and from the ROM Monitor mode enter the following exactly as I have at the rommon prompt using all caps and replacing the x's with your ip addresses:

    rommon 1 >IP_ADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (this will be the ip address of the switch)
    rommon 2 >IP_SUBNET_MASK=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (your subnet mask)
    rommon 3 >DEFAULT_GATEWAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the default gateway that you use)
    rommon 4 >TFTP_SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the address of the computer running the tftp server you just setup)
    rommon 5>TFTP_FILE=(enter the full name of the IOS image file)
    rommon 6>tftpdnld

    When it asks if you wish to continue, enter y
    If everything was setup correctly, the switch will now access your tftp server and download the image file. It may take a while to download, then when it's finished at the prompt enter:

    rommon 7>i (resets the switch)

    CiscoDude1760, Mar 22, 2012