Cisco 350 client adapter - locks up PC when WEP key is wrong

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Peter, May 25, 2005.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi,

    I have a laptop with the LMC352 PCMCIA wifi adapter.

    It all works fine, but I find that when there is an AP within range
    that uses WEP, and I don't have the WEP key for it (usually the case!)
    the adapter turns off its radio (the icon turns white).

    Then, Windows locks up solidly for a few seconds every say 30 seconds.

    I have a choice of which supplicant to use; for plain 40-bit WEP I can
    use either the ACU or the XP one and I am using the XP one because it
    is slightly better in its handling of new network location.

    How can I prevent this locking-up? It seems like some sort of auto
    power saving mode is being entered, but I haven't changed any of the
    ACU settings from their defaults. Anyway, the ACU is set to "use
    another application to set network settings" so I wonder how much of
    the ACU actually does anything now.

    Peter.

    Peter, May 25, 2005

  2. On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:14:40 +0100, (Peter) wrote:

    ~ Hi,
    ~
[...]

    I haven't heard of such a problem before.

    You can try upgrading to latest code (IW 1.5, see
    http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/sw-wireless.shtml). Or, if
    you're already running IW 1.5, try downgrading.

    Or, if you have TAC support, open a case.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, May 31, 2005