    run at same speed.
    IS it just a temporary status or am I wrong ?

    Thanks for help.

    JYR, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Hello, JYR!
    You wrote on 19 Apr 2004 05:30:03 -0700:

    J> I have a CISCO Aironet 350 with several association, and
    J> sometimes, it seems speed are differents between all these
    J> associations.
    J> I am a little bit confused as I thought all these associations
    J> should run at same speed.
    J> IS it just a temporary status or am I wrong ?

    Unless you manually disable some data rates, Aironet 350 will allow associations
    on 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps at the same time.

    With best regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Apr 19, 2004

  3. This depends mostly on the signal level, as it will lower its link speed
    to be able to provide a reliable connection at lower signal levels. This
    all happens automagically, when you get closer to the AP, and thus get a
    better signal it will increase the link speed. It is however possible to
    allow only 11Mbit connections, but then you will decrease your effective
    range.

    Regards,
    Wence

    Wence Van der Meersch, Apr 20, 2004