Cisco 350 adapters and Draytek 2600/2900 routers and WPA modes?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Peter, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone have any application data on this subject? I've done
    searches without much success.

    Basically, I am trying to get several laptops, *some* of which have
    the 350 adapter and others have the Linksys WPC54G, to work with these
    Draytek routers, using something stronger than plain WEP.

    The computers run winXP Pro, or win2000. There is no "domain" so
    presumably domain based authentication isn't feasible.

    In addition to wide open, the Drayteks support the following modes
    (quoted verbatim):

    WEP
    WEP/802.1x only
    WEP or WPA/PSK
    WEP 802.1x or WPA 802.1x
    WPA/PSK only
    WPA/802.1x only

    I simply cannot get WPA/PSK to work - it should work using the config
    in XP (not in the ACU) but it doesn't and after many hours I had to
    give up on it. So I want to have a go at the other modes.

    I *can* connect to the router with WPA/PSK if I use the Linksys WPC54G
    adapter, win2000, using the Linksys wifi utility. Or with a Sony EOM
    adaptor in the 505 laptop using the XP wifi config. The problem is
    that the WPC54G doesn't support most of the other modes...

    So obviously I am looking for some sort of common denominator between
    the Draytek modes and what can be done with the Cisco 350 and the
    WPC54G.

    Peter.

    Peter, Mar 28, 2005

  2. Peter

    Uli Link Guest

    The Cisco 350 can do WPA/PSK only on WinXP SP2 or with a 3rd party
    supplicant like the Funk Software Odyssee Client on W2k.
    With ACU it works great with WPA/EAP

    The greatest common denominator is static WEP, if you don't have a
    RADIUS capable of LEAP/PEAP/EAP-TLS.

    Uli Link, Mar 28, 2005