Cisco 3002 VPN client vs 3005 concentrator

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I have a need to replace a couple Cisco VPN software clients on PC's
    at my work for users who support other customers with concentrators.
    To make it more seemless, I want to buy the 3002 hardware client, and
    route them out that device to the destination nodes. It's more
    elegant since I don't need to install or maintain the Cisco software
    client on several PC's.
    ..
    My group supports three different customers that use the Cisco client,
    so at the moment they have three connection entries in the software
    client. To replace that, I have to buy three 3002 hardware devices.
    ..
    I was wondering if a 3005 or 3015 concentrator could create these
    multiple VPN client sessions instead of buying several 3002 boxes.
    I don't need the concentrator to act as a "server", I need it to
    create client sessions to other concentrators.

    Can that be done?

    -Robert

    Rob, Feb 18, 2004