    Can someone give me some suggestions?

    Thanks
    HD

    Harley D., Apr 30, 2004

  2. M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Apr 30, 2004

  3. On 30 Apr 2004 06:15:03 -0700, Harley D. spoketh
    If those 2950's are anything like mine, then those gigabit ports would
    be GBICs. If that is the case, look for "stacking GBIC cards" from your
    dealer. They slide right into those GBIC slots, and connect with what
    looks very much like a firewire cable. Plenty of docs on cisco.com to
    help you get that part done.

    The java-based web-browser management tool will allow you to cluster
    your 3 switches into one (sic) clustered unit. That'll make it easier to
    do the web-based management, because you only connect to one switch to
    manage them all as opposed to making separate connections to each
    individual switch... But, it won't make them "as one". Plenty of docs on
    cisco.com on the clustering too.

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net

    Lars M. Hansen, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Let's not forget about the 2950's with fixed Gigabit ethernet and SFP ports.
    Personally I have heard of quite a few bad experiences with clustering
    2950's and using the CMS to manage them, but I haven't any significant
    experience with this myself so your mileage may vary. I'd rather link
    switch 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 1 and let STP put one of the redundant
    links in blocking state, so should one of them fail, the two left over
    would still be able to talk to each other.

    Regards,
    Wence

    Wence Van der Meersch, May 2, 2004
  5. Harley D.

    Harley D. Guest

    Harley D., May 3, 2004
  6. If you want to find something obscure, I'd tend to agree. For just a dig
    through the docs for a certain box (as this was), it's not so terribly
    difficult.

    But then, I've been digging through it for a few years now... :).

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, May 3, 2004