Cisco 2801 router Advanced IP services and HWIC Cable-D-2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ranga, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    System Bootstrap, Verstion 12.3 (8r) T9, realease (fc1)
    C2801 Processor with 196608 Kbytes of main memory
    IOS versuin 12.4(1C)

    I am a newbie at this so please excuse any questions if they seem
    trivial.
    I have a cd with advanced IP services
    S28NAISK9-12406T Cisco 2800 ADVANCED IP SERVICES
    36226996
    S28NAISK9-12407 Cisco 2800 ADVANCED IP SERVICES
    32452760

    I am trying to get this to run, I copy it via tftp to the router and
    try set it up as flash using

    conf term
    no boot system flash oldflashimagename
    boot system flash flashimage
    exit

    reload

    This does not work. I get an invalid flash message. If i try to use
    SDM it tells me that the images are invalid. This CD is directly from
    Cisco so i know its fine. I am guessing maybe i might need to load the
    one file into the boot strap and the other into the flash, but i have
    no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Also i have an HWIC cable D-2 card that we want to setup for failover,
    but it comes up as
    %CFG-3-Card_not_supported: Unrecognized cookie format for card!Port
    statistics for unclassified packets is not turned on

    Any assistance would be appreciated

    Ranga, Dec 11, 2006

  2. What is the exact file name you specified when indicating the boot system
    flash imagename?

    Did you include the .bin at the end?

    The IOS should look something like c2800-advancedipservices-mz.123-20.bin or
    something like that(can't remember exactly what it looks like for the 2800
    series)

    east.Usenet-News.net, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Ranga

    Ranga Guest

    It turns out my vendor shipped the router with the wrong IOS and the
    wrong feature set cd, so I am waiting for my smartnet sub to start and
    then i will download the files from there.
    Thanks for reading.

    Ranga, Dec 12, 2006