cisco 2621: interface tracking without hsrp?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Woife, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. Woife

    Woife Guest

    hello,

    i've a problem ;-) so i need a feature like interface tracking from hsrp but without hsrp.

    i need the following:

    i have 2 router (cisco 2621) and i've two interfaces on each router. interface 0/0 is the uplink to my provider. i've two subnet's in which each router is connected (/30 Subnetmask)

    so i can't do hsrp on this two interfaces. both routers has different gateways.

    so how can i tell the interfaces if one is going down, bring down the other. in the worst case i've up 0/0 on router2 and 0/1 on router 1.

    like a simple script ;-) if ethx is down, shutdown ethy.

    can you help me please?!

    thanks,

    woife

    --