    enabling this, anyone have any suggetions?

    Phil Hart
    www.vance.net

    Radial Monster, Jul 11, 2003

  2. :I work for a small ISP and we went to setup a HTTP cacheing server. I was
    :told we needed to configure our router to forward port 80 requests to so and
    :so ip address to let the server handle web traffic. We are looking at using
    :something similar to Squid running on Windows 2000. We do not have a layer
    :4 switch. I have no idea where to start looking for documentation on
    :enabling this, anyone have any suggetions?

    It sounds to me as if you could use policy based routing (PBR).

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_c/qcprt1/qcdpbr.htm

    My thought is that you would use a route-map with an access-list
    that matched all inside IP addresses *except* for the IP of
    your proxy server, and forwarded those packets to your server
    machine. [Hmmm, you just might need to use a loopback interface
    as an intermediate hop, but I think it should work without one.]

    Walter Roberson, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Radial Monster

    Alex Guest

    You might want to take a look at Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) in
    the cisco IOS.

    In short: It redirects HTTP traffic to your squid-http-proxy, making the
    proxy transparent to the users.

    We used to do this, only our web-cache ran on Linux (also squid). I remember
    that we had to do something to Linux to make it understand the WCCP
    protocol, but that was some time ago (and not hard to do).
    That might not be necessary any more.

    These links might take you in the right direction.
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/switching/wccp/release_12.shtml

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/fun_c/fcprt3/fcd305.htm

    Hope it helps...

    Alex